Once we begin an engagement it involves a series of phases:
- Initial Due Diligence – to thoroughly evaluate our client’s business.
- Valuation – to have an agreement on value expectations.
- Information Memorandum – we prepare a detailed description of the client’s business.
- Identifying Potential Investors – finding the right buyer is a multi-faceted process.
- Strategic Marketing – after careful preparation we begin the marketing process.
- Due Diligence – interested investors conduct their investigations.
- Solicitation of Interest – can be “bidding” situation, or 1-on-1 negotiations.
- Negotiation – refining the specific terms of an agreement.
- Letter of Intent and Contract – negotiated agreements must be carefully documented.
- Due Diligence and Closing – Collection and review of business information.
This process is time consuming and multi-faceted. We advise clients that it is also vitally important to keep “their eye on the ball” of running their business on a day-to-bay basis while this process is underway. Our team helps to supplement the client’s resources in addressing the needs of the transaction process.